Spiritual Care Topics
- Praying with People Who Have Life-Limiting Illnesses
A look at the emotional and spiritual comfort prayer can bring and how we can strike a balance between praying for a physical cure and praying for spiritual healing in the face of death.
- Life Review and Reminiscence: Finding Meaning in Life’s Journey
Guidelines for helping people review life’s journey and a look at how to assist them in discovering the meaningful events and people who have been a part of it.
- Spiritual Growth in the Midst of Grief and Bereavement
A discussion of how grief and bereavement can “birth” spiritual growth for those who struggle to cope with death.
- Spiritual Perspectives on Advance Directives
A look at the ethical and spiritual issues around the use of artificial feeding and hydration for the elderly and for the terminally ill person.
- The Role of Faith Communities in Hospice
A discussion of how faith communities can confront the issues of death and dying, assist people in getting the care they need and become an active participant in hospice care.